What You Will

Another Burma Shave billboard on the information superhighway. Random thoughts about arts, faith, culture, music, language, literature, and the shortcomings of the Hegelian dialectic. (OK, just kidding about that last bit.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonds, Washington, United States

I wonder what goes in this space?

10/25/2005

Nashville bound

Ma, I'm goin' to Nashville to play the fiddle.

At least for a day.

One of the consequences of my inviting Jason Harrod to Seattle was that he subsequently invited me to sit in with him on gigs all weekend. That seemed to go well enough, so he invited me to play with him this coming Friday.

At the International Bluegrass Music Association Fan Fest. At the Nashville Convention Center. The one location on earth this coming weekend that is guaranteed to have more of my current musical heroes per square foot than anywhere else.

Jason's not really bluegrass ... more like "acoustic Americana," but apparently there's a place for that as well. We're on the Roots and Branches stage Friday, Oct. 28 at 4 p.m.

This might be just another gig for some people, but I haven't been so excited about playing a concert in a long time.

I realize y'all probably won't be able to come cheer us on, but if you can, look for me. I'm the guy with the purple fiddle case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home