What You Will

Another Burma Shave billboard on the information superhighway. Random thoughts about arts, faith, culture, music, language, literature, and the shortcomings of the Hegelian dialectic. (OK, just kidding about that last bit.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonds, Washington, United States

I wonder what goes in this space?

3/31/2006

My own version of March madness

I have a soft spot for small colleges. I'm from a small-college town. I grew up and moved away to a big town, but I still went to a small college. So when it comes to the NCAA basketball tournament, I don't really have a dog in the fight.

Unless, of course, we're talking about the NCAA Division II tournament, where this year my alma mater, Seattle Pacific, reached the Final Four. And since, in a transformation only slightly more plausible than an elephant dancing a lead role with the New York City Ballet, I've become a sportswriter for said alma mater's alumni magazine, I got the privilege of writing about the team's coach, Jeff Hironaka, and one of its star players, Tony Binetti.

That Final Four piece displaced this story about SPU's sixth man, Mike Bushmaker, which was written just before the team's remarkable postseason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home